What is Aporia
Cynefin’s Disorder domain has changed to include Aporia – a state of puzzlement and doubt. It’s a timely adjustment to the sense-making framework.
Aporia is a state of mind which allows us to, as Chris Corrigan states, “[confront] paradoxes and situations that have no resolution, no precedent and no right way forward.”
Zhen Goh (Goh Shuzhen) says, “Aporia provides a safe and curious vantage point for leaders.”
About this discussion workshop
Through discussion, we’ll develop our understanding of Aporia, and explore how Aporia may help individuals and organisations. We’ll explore how Aporia may help the global effort to understand and respond to a rapidly changing world. Regardless of seniority, experience or sector, this discussion workshop would be of value to leaders navigating their team or organisation through an uncertain future.
Previous aporia discussion events
Here are the slides from a previous event
- 13 April 2021: Lean Agile Delivery & Coaching Network [video recording]
- 19 March 2021: Cynefin and Aporia discussion at Aginext.io
- 30 July 2020 hosted by Digital Leadership [slides]
- 22 June 2020 hosted by Roy Marriott [video recording]
- 20 May 2020 with Agile Xpertise [video recording]
- 19 May 2020 with Agile Piano Meetup Berlin
- 12 May 2020 with London Cynefin Meetup
Contact me (email@example.com) if you’d like this workshop run at your event.