When organisations are often too ponderous to innovate, what proven approaches exist to bridge the internal divide between the opposing needs of entrepreneurialism and operationalism?
We’ll explore emerging approaches that utilise the internal tensions between innovators and conservative communities. These techniques create an adaptive space that can enable greater agility and market competitiveness.
- The rate of organisational adaptability must be greater than the market
- The barriers to innovation, such as operational culture stifling the emergence of entrepreneurialism
- The myths and mistakes organisations make to create innovation and alignment
- Utilising the natural tension between traditionalists and entrepreneurs to create lasting innovation
- Research and personal stories of how organisations have overcome scepticism and have achieved innovation and better competitiveness
Talk or workshop
As a talk: 45 to 60 minutes
As a talk and workshop: 60 to 90 minutes
In this talk learn how the Project/Programme Portfolio Office can support their business in recognising and handling uncertainty. Learn how the PMO can coordinate the balance and flow of initiatives through each stage of the delivery lifecycle, through to delivery of value.
Increasing your organisation’s competitiveness
This Business Agility talk addresses how organisations can handle market pressure and opportunity. It covers:
- Closing the gap between vision and execution
- The ambidextrous organisation and portfolio management
- Determining which initiatives provide a strategic fit with the vision
- Mindset and ways of working
- Reducing the delay between alignment effort, execution and ROI
- Governance, execution and enablers.
No longer distant cousins. Agile and Finance working together to ensure your organisation makes the right decisions with the right support.
The worlds of agile and finance often feel like distant cousins. Yet, considering the uncertainties of the business environment, these teams should be interlinked. Interlinked to enable organisations are making the right decisions, with the right people, at the right time, and with the right funds.
This talk will explore how to:
- Start conversations that’ll create stronger links between agile and finance teams, and how to keep their shared journey on track.
- Help create shorter budget cycles that’ll enable teams to strike the right balance between knowledge value and customer value
- Ensure every discussion, choice and activity increases confidence that team goals will benefit the bottom-line and increase customer satisfaction
- Help move your organisation from cost-based accounting to value-based outcome-driven accounting
- Reduce centralised budgeting to allow greater freedom that enables the discovery of new value propositions
- Help create a financial governance structure that supports teams in adapting to change over following a plan
Up your game by supporting your organisation in making better investment choices that support your teams, stakeholders and customers.